Chocolate – I literally can’t live without. These brownies are not only a double chocolate version but also super easy to make and only sweetened with dates. The coffee adds the little extra. So don’t waste another minute and bake these babies!
These brownies are (differently to most brownie recipes) not fudgy but rather fluffy. For those of you who prefer the fudgy consistency, I can really recommend my sweet potato brownies. This will satisfy your cravings!
For the sweetness in the recipe I used dates. These are just blended with a (hand-held) blender. If you use a hand-held blender you should, however, soak the dates in warm water before. This will make the blending easier.
For the special taste
What makes these brownies special is the coldbrew coffee. If you don’t have coldbrew, you can easily substitute it with water, filter coffee or plant-based mylk. However, you can easily make coldbrew yourself at home. You only need 3-4 tbs ground coffee beans and one liter cold water. Mix it in a jar and store in the fridge over night. The next day, pour everything through a filter and your coldbrew is ready to use. You can now use it in the recipe or serve it with some ice cubes and cold oat milk to enjoy on a hot summer day.
Serving tip for brownies
One of my favorite ways to eat brownies is to serve it with some vanilla soy yoghurt and fresh berries. Also, I often get the question how I store my baked goods: I keep the brownies in the fridge. This way, if not eaten before, they will last up to 5-6 days.
These brownies are…
- Naturally sweetened with dates
- Super chocolatey
In case you try the recipe (or one of my other recipes), leave a feedback and rating down below in the comments – I am always happy to read what you think! If you post a picture of your recreation on Instagram, feel free to tag me with @sheloveseating to make sure I don’t miss it 🙂
Coffee Brownies with Chocolate Chips
- 100 g wholegrain spelt flour
- 100 g ground oats*
- 250 g pitted dates
- 400 ml coldbrew coffee, filter coffee or plant-based mylk
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 40 g cacao powder
- 1 tbs nut butter e.g. hazelnut, almond, peanut, …
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 75 g chocolate chips** vegan
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- In a bowl blend spelt flour, oat flour, baking soda and cacao powder.
- Fill the dates into your blender and blend with the coldbrew until no chunks are left. Alternatively you can use a hand-held blender.
- Now add the date puree to the flour mixture, add coconut oil and nut butter and stir until well combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Fill the brownie dough into a suitable baking tin (lined with parchment paper) and bake for about 30-40 minutes. Make sure to check with a wooden stick if they are ready.
- Remove the brownies from the oven and let cool down before enjoying them.
I made a gluten free version of these brownies, and made some other changes (substitute the dattes by coconut sugar), and I have to say… they are addictive. So so so good. Thank you for sharing this amazing recipe 🙏😋
Hi Andreia, your adjustments sound amazing!! Glad you liked them as much as I do. Thank you for your feedback ☺️