My family loves cheesecake – not the classic one with curd cheese but the cashew version. Especially in summer a raspberry cheesecake ist always a good choice! But not only in summer it’s a perfect snack but it can also be used as dessert in winter. Once I even prepared it as a dessert for Christmas Eve!
This version is not too heavy in comparison to other cheesecakes. Many of the raw vegan desserts are quite high in fat because they are made of many nuts. That it the reason why I prefer to use ground oats instead and they go along with dates quite well.
The good thing about this recipe: you can actually prepare it in advance! Sometimes you’re so busy with work and running around that you might not have the time to bake something freshly. Well, I got your back! You can make this recipe whenever you have time to do so and store the bars in the freezer until you need them.
I’d be happy if you would give it the shot and leave me a feedback, I love to hear about your adaptions 🙂
Raspberry Cheesecake Bars
For the base
- 200 g oats
- 100 g dates soaked
- 100 g figs dried
- a dash ground vanilla
For the cheesecake layer
- 200 g cashews
- 2 small ripe bananas
- zest of one lemon
- juice of one lemon
- 1 tbs brown rice syrup
For the raspberry layer
- 200 g frozen raspberries
- 3 medjoul dates
- 1 ripe banana
- 4 tbs water
- Soak the cashews and dates seperately over night.
- First step is to prepare the base: blend the oats in a high speed blender for a few minutes. It shouldn't be a flour, there should be some chunks. Now add your soaked dates, figs and vanilla bean powder. Blend until it is a sticky dough. Line a square baking tin with a baking sheet and press the dough evenly into the form. Put it in the freezer while you prepare the cheesecake layer.
- 3. Next step: put the cashews into your blender. Wash one lemon in hot water and grate the zest, add it to the cashews. Now cut the lemon in two and squeeze out the juice. Add the lemon juice, peeled bananas and brown rice syrup in the blender and blend until smooth. Take your crust out of the freezer and spread the lemon cheesecake on top. Put the baking tin in the freezer back again.
- 4. Last step is to prepare the raspberry layer. Simply put all ingredrients into a blender and blend very well. Layer the raspberry mixture on top of your cheesecake layer. Store in the freezer over night.
- 30 minutes before serving it, take your cake out of the freezer and cut bars with a hot knife.