Snack attack! I think everyone knows that and I’m personally a big fan of snacks – there is literally no day without. In general I try to stick with healthy snacks though. They not only satisfy cravings but also the mind.
As always this recipe is made without refined sugar and easy to make. The tarts are perfect as dessert after lunch or dinner but also in between. Especially in blueberry season they are a highlight. For those of you who want to change things up you can also substitute the blueberries with raspberries or sour cherries.
Through the sweetness of the bananas the recipe doesn’t need any additional sugar and isn’t as fatty as the cashew-based variations.
Blueberry Ice Cream Tarts
For the crust
- 100 g dates
- 50 g dried figs
- 4 tbs water
- 45 g almond flour
- 20 g shredded coconut
For the blueberry layer
- 4 frozen bananas
- 50 ml plantbased milk e.g. rice, oat,...
- 30 g frozen blueberries
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tsp blueberry powder or more frozen blueberries
- In your blender combine dates, figs and water and blend until sticky and smooth. If you own a good immersion blender you could also puree everything.
- In a different bowl mix almond flour with shredded coconut and add date-fig-paste. Stir with a spoon until well combined.
- Take your muffin tin and press some of the crust dough in each of the muffin molds. Set aside.
- Now make the top layer by simply blending all ingredients until well combined.
- With a spoon fill up your muffin molds with the blueberry ice cream and top with some more frozen or fresh blueberries.
- Put in the freezer and let it sit for at least 5 hours. Take out of the freezer 15 minutes before serving and enjoy!